Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Does Facebook Need a Troll Community?

February 9, 2011

Does Facebook Need a Troll Community?

I thought a lot about Trolls after writing my "Off-Wikipedia" article on Internet Trolls (people who are aggressively argumentative, and disrupt websites with their comments or insults, thereby creating hostile environments Online. )

I imagined...a peaceful sign...

Photobucket

Since Trolls often look for "newbies," people who are unexperienced with avoiding cyberbullies, I drempt of online communities that posted signs, which allowed trolls, but only when everyone can see them in the "full light of day" (if sunlight could shine on websites...and virtual communities.)

Then I thought, an even better solution would be to direct playful, "Play'a Trolls" to sites designed for them. Imagine a Troll playground, where internet users, who like to act like trolls could "battle," "argue," or interact with other Trolls in various ways.

I checked the net. I didn't see much online-community space for Trolls, so I created my own "Trolls~R~Us" group on Facebook. I'm not saying this is the best option, but (for now) it's a simple solution...for "playful" Trolls....


________________________________________



Photobucket



Trolls ~ B~ Us (by Music Troll)


Be a Troll! Be a Troll!
Let disruption be your goal!
As you holler, as you howl
about diseases from mad cow

You can fight! As you fight
over the stuff we're free to write
You don't like the things we say,
so you refuse to go away

from our site, every night
Insulting people, wrong or right
If you refuse to be polite
with my sarcasm I will BITE!

Reply: *typing in red Ink*
I'm a Troll! I'm a Troll!
I'm the head Troll in Control
And I "ha8" those who hate
telling those who playah hate

Can't you spel, man you smell
here the tell I'm hear to tale
As you snooze, and loose your cool
I play them suckahs with my bull

I'm so cool, I won't lie
when I choose to shoot a fly
Cave-dwellers like to fight
when they refuse to see the light!


No comments:

Post a Comment